+44 (0)7906 505 919 / +48 510 354 000
About Kamila Simms, a Polish - English Translator and Interpreter in London UK
I have been working as a professional interpreter and translator since 2007. Prior to this, I worked as a language tutor. I have also gained first-hand court room experience as an Usher, then as a Court Clerk at one of London’s top Crown Courts. This has given me a deep insight into the UK Criminal Justice System, and this is where I have gained my strength and confidence.
I regularly translate formal documents, diplomas, Polish birth and marriage certificates and personal works, such as diaries and letters.
I happily undertake interpreting and translation jobs in the field of: criminal law, education, social services, benefits, driving licence examinations (buses, trucks and cars), and I am able to assist during disciplinary meetings at a workplace.
- 2019 - TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- 2009 – Metropolitan Police Test for Interpreters (CIOL, UK)
- 2008 – MA Translation & Interpreting (University of Westminster, London, UK)
- 2008 – Qualified Teacher Status (General Teaching Council for England)
- 2006 – BA English Philology (University of Humanities and Economics, Lodz, Poland)
- I am registered on the Home Office Interpreter Database.
- DBS check: December 2017
I have worked for:
- Home Office
- Language Line
- Emano Ltd
- Wandsworth Council
- The Big Word
- Eddie Stobart
- Milestone Ltd
- Polword Ltd
If you are looking for accuracy and professionalism, you have come to the right place.